Friday, April 10, 2020

TN Time With Lisa & Lori April 2020

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! The weather has turned a bit cooler for a few days. I was sure liking those 80 degree days, but it is a little early to be that hot around here. 

It is time for the April 2020 TN Time With Lisa & Lori Challenge today! Are you ready for it? Here's how it works - this is a monthly challenge that starts on the 10th of each month and ends on the 9th of the following month at midnight CST. If you complete my random challenge for the month - link your TN, bullet journal, or planner spread below. If you combine my challenge with Lisa's sketch challenge - link up here and on Lisa's blog  - My Creative Endeavors - and you will have two chances to win a prize. You can find the full list of rules here

Here is my challenge for April:
(April 10th - May 9th)


Just use your favorite color combo AND your favorite embellishment on your TN, Bullet Journal, or Planner Spread.

Here is the great sketch that Lisa has created for April:


And here is my spread:


For my favorite color combo, I have used an oldie but a goodie - red, white, and turquoise. This used to be a popular color combo a few years ago, but it's kind of fallen by the wayside lately. I just used this color combo for this layout here earlier this week and remembered how much I liked it, so while I had the red/pink polka dot paper scrap still on my desk, I thought I would use it again as my favorite color combo here. I went in search of a turquoise paper and found a scrap in my February Great Stash Bash kit that I have not put away yet! So this Traveler's Notebook Spread helped me to use up two scraps without them ever going into my scrap box!

My favorite embellishment - right now - are these cute - tiny - enamel hearts from Doodlebug Designs! I got a few of these in a kit from The ScrapRoom a few months ago and fell in love with them. I may have bought a few different packs to have on hand since then! 

So, here we are already on Week 15 of 2020 and I only have two weeks done in my 52 Favorites of 2020 so far. I'd better get it in gear so I am not so far behind! This photo was taken last week when we had to watch Ada while Abby went to the school to get homework packets made for her students for the rest of the month. We just found out today that they have canceled school for the rest of the year and will do virtual learning until their last day in May. I don't know what this is going to mean for Ada's Kindergarten graduation...it makes me so sad to think she's going to miss that, but they may do something at a later date. Here's hoping! 

Anyway, when she came in I told how much I liked her unicorn shirt and she was all ready to strike a pose for me to take her picture! It was so good to get to spend some time with Ada and Abby - just the little distraction that we were needing in this crazy time. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I love the Elle's Studio metal heart dies and the coordinating stamp set. I finally ordered them and I am so happy that I did - they will pay for themselves in no time at all!


Now, on to the prize - first of all, thank you to Anna and Sandi for playing along with us in March. With everything that is going on in the world, we are going to suspend prizes for right now so we don't have to get out any more than we have to. So, what I am going to do is carry over the linky from last month and combine the entries with this month's entries. Hopefully, things will be returning to somewhat of a normal situation by May 9th and I will draw a prize from our March and April entries. If things are still crazy, we will roll it over for the May challenge, too, we will just wait and see. So be sure to link up - I will be giving away a prize - regardless of how many different participants I have - when things settle down!

Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see her take on this month's challenge. I do hope you play along, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. I just love your color combo! I remember back when I first started stamping that was a HUGELY popular color combo and I used it all the time...I like the shades of turquoise that are my "in" now, back in the day it was a bit to bright for my taste, although I used it anyway to fit in with the crowd lol! Those enamel dots are so fun, I need to jump on that bandwagon, although I had stopped buying enamel dots as I had so many but not many hearts lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori: glad to see that you and Lisa are continuing with the TN Time! I think this is a missing segment needed in the crafting blog-world and can't believe more people haven't found your links! I wish I had time to play but maybe this summer. I started teaching again for 2/3 day which is now online at least to April 30th. I don't know about May yet. But this Holy Week was technically our Spring Break, so I'm using the computer time for checking on some blogs...hence this visit. Your interpretation for reversing the sketch makes great sense due to Ada's pose! How adorable! The color combo is refreshing because it's different from the traditional Christmas tones. Great use of the layout and the prompts!

    ReplyDelete