Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Sketch N Scrap #199 - Hello Frosty

Hello, hello! Happy Wednesday to you! Can you believe that it is already the middle of April? Lately, I feel myself going back and forth between feeling like time is standing still and then like it's flying by. 

It's time for the mid-month sketch at Sketch N Scrap today and Heather has created a fun sketch for us to play with:



I changed a few things up from the sketch. The papers are all in the same place, but I only had two photos that I wanted to use and they were a bit bigger than the square photos on the sketch. By using only two photos it gave me more room to create a larger cluster. I also added my journaling below the title. 

I have used Echo Park's "All Bundled Up" collection. I picked this collection up at Tuesday Morning right before Christmas. I don't have a lot of need for snowy collections - our winters around here have been pretty light on snow the last few years - but I couldn't resist this collection, and as luck would have it, we got a little bit of snow that was perfect to build a snowman.

Since the only kiddo left at home is Shane - and he wants nothing to do with the cold wet snow - it was left up to me to build a snowman. This little guy came together in just a few minutes and kept me company all afternoon from the front deck. He definitely brought a smile to my face every time that I looked out the window!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I die cut the letters for the title using my Close To My Heart metal alpha dies and then ran them through my Cuttlebug with my swiss dot embossing folder.


Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have a chance to play along with us. I would love to see your take on the sketch, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the sketch Lori!! Love it this cute snowman! The papers are a perfect match for your cute photos!

    ReplyDelete