Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Challenge YOUrself #76 - Black and White Photo

Hello, everyone! Happy Tuesday to you! 

It's time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself today! April's challenge is to use a black and white photo and, of course, use a photo of YOU on your layout!


I love to use black and white photos once in a while on my layouts, and it's actually been a while since I used one. Here is my layout:


 I have done a sort of "then and now" layout this time around. I've been wanting to do this type of layout of mine and Scott's story and just haven't ever taken the time to do it. We had taken a selfie just a couple of days ago and I have had the first photo on my desk for ages, so I thought now would be a good time to get it done.

The first photo is of us back in April of 1989. We had been dating for a little over 4 months and in this photo, we are on our way home from a Bon Jovi concert in Kansas City. This is the only photo I have of us while we were dating, so it is a treasure! 31+ years later (almost to the day) - here we are.  I am going to have a lot of journaling that will be added to the back of this layout telling the story of how we met and how we got to where we are today, but I did want to highlight a few things so that is what I added on the front in my journaling.

I based my layout on this PageMaps sketch:


I used papers from my February 2020 Flavors of the Month kit from The ScrapRoom. That month's kit had two Valentine's Day/Love collections - Simple Stories "My Valentine" and Photo Play "Be Mine" - that really worked well together, so I used bits and pieces of both on my layout.

Here are a couple of close-ups:




I picked these word stickers up at Tuesday Morning recently and when I went to peel them off, the black...acetate...maybe - separated from the foam piece underneath so it was a little tricky getting them to adhere to the page. I used my Tombow Multi Mono Glue and then stapled them down in a couple of places to try and hold them on there. 

I am so happy to have this layout (almost) done! The journaling is going to take some time but I will get it done.

Head on over to Challenge YOUrself to see the fabulous layouts from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your take on this month's challenge, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. How cute are you two! Love the black and white paper:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this story!! I loved Bon Jovi back in the day! Ya'll are just the cutest couple EVER!! Love these photos and this layout is just amazing! The title stickers are so fun, I love those new type of stickers but find like you that they don't stick well...great idea to use a stapler, I'm going to try it, I think it looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on this challenge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete