Saturday, April 4, 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Forgery on the Fourth

Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday to you! I hope that you are all doing well and finding something to keep you busy in these crazy times. 

Today is the 4th and that means it is time for some forgeries over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge.


Here's a reminder of our inspiration kit - Cocoa Daisy's March 2020 Orchard Path Kits:

  
The inspiration kit has a lot of great items that can be counterfeited - tags, labels, chipboard pieces, and I could go on and on! 

In my counterfeit kit, I included this piece of patterned paper from the Echo Park "Just Be You" collection with the intent of using it for a forgery:


I pulled out my 3/4 inch circle punch - which was the perfect size for the circles - and went to work punching out the different circles. I wanted to make faux chipboard pieces so I punched several circles from some scrap white cardstock to stack together.

(Sorry for the poor photo above. That's what I get for only taking one photo on a rainy day before I put all of these together.)

Here are all of the little pretties all put together:


There are three layers of the white cardstock circles under the printed circle. I didn't want them overly thick and three seemed to be just enough.

Here's a closer look at my faux chipboard pieces:


This is a very quick and easy way to make your own embellishments. You could just use pretty paper that you like, stamped images punched out, the possibilities are endless and it only takes a little bit of time to get them done!

Head on over to Counterfeit Kit Challenge to see the forgeries that the rest of the design team has created. Now that it seems the majority of us have nowhere to be - it might be a good time to try your hand at some forgeries, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!



5 comments:

  1. Lori: Great way to use that patterned paper to get the most out it! You've multiplied its value tremendously being able to scatter those faux chipboard die-cuts to lots of projects!--like TNs, planners, and traditional scrapped layouts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is an awesome idea for the flairs and the cardstock really gives it some stability too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! What did you use for adhesive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marcia! I used Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue for these.

      Delete