Sunday, April 12, 2020

Girl Boss - Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - Scraplift

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are all doing well.

It is time for the first challenge of the month at Counterfeit Kit Challenge. Master Forger Clair is challenging us to pick a layout from her scrap board on Pinterest and scraplift that layout.

I found this layout by Sheree Forcier on Clair's Pinterest board and really liked it. I follow Sheree's work and love just about everything that she creates. I really liked the overall design of the layout below and the strips of paper that run on each side of the photo. I also liked that Sheree did a little bit of stamping on her layout and her journaling strips.


Here is my layout:


I stuck really close to the original layout - I just made a bigger border at the bottom of the layout. Sheree is also known to do a lot of stitching on her layouts. I am not that great at machine stitching so I opted to do an outline around all of the edges of my layout and the papers with a marker. Everything on this layout came from my April counterfeit kit - and I even managed to use a few of my faux chipboard forgeries on this layout. I fussy cut the "Girl Boss" title piece, camera, and heart that were all on the backside of one of the papers.

I just scrapped this photo earlier this week in my 52 Favorites TN, but I love the picture and had another story I wanted to tell about it. These times and this "stay-at-home" order is hard on this Nana who is used to seeing her girls every week! Abby called the week before the order went into effect and asked if we could watch Ada while she went to the school and got homework packets made up for her students for the rest of the month. We jumped at the chance and so enjoyed getting to spend a few hours with our sweet girls.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I am so happy that I finally had the chance to use some of these enamel stars that I put in my kit this month. I have had them for years - stuck in a drawer and forgotten about - and I found them while looking for embellishments for my kit. I hope to be able to use a few more before the end of the month.


I even did a little stamping directly on my layout. In the photo above it looks a little blurry, but it's really not, and those faux chipboard pieces were so fun to use! I need to remember to make these more often!

Be sure to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you can find some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment