Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge April Kit Reveal and Blog Hop

Hello, everyone! Happy Wednesday and can you believe it is the 1st day of April? The grass is green again and the trees and flowers are blooming - and we've been having some pretty decent weather...all this makes me so happy!

It's time for a new inspiration kit reveal and blog hop at Counterfeit Kit Challenge today. Master Forger Clair is our hostess this month and she has chosen a great - springy - kit for our inspiration kit this time around. She has chosen the Orchard Path Kits from Cocoa Daisy.

March 2020 Orchard Path Memory Keeping Kit
March 2020 Orchard Path Memory Keeping Sticker Kit
I'm not going to lie - with everything that is going on in the world these days, it was a little hard for me to pull a kit together. My desire to do anything scrappy related lately has been very low, but I so need that time to get away from all that is going on and do some creating. So, with that being said, my kit does not look anything like the inspiration kit at first glance, but I will tell you what I was inspired by.

Here is my kit for this month - A Wonderful Distraction:


When Clair first posted the inspiration kit for us I fell in love with the soft colors, yet when I pulled my kit it turned out a bit bolder and brighter by comparison! Regardless, I love the kit that I have put together and plan to make lots of springy layouts with it!

Here are the papers that I picked out: 


Once again, I basically have 3 mini paper kits here and each one has something in it that was inspired by the inspiration kit. When looking through the inspiration kit, I noticed there was a white birch wood paper, a plaid, a graph with floral, a scallop pattern, a couple of chevron type papers, a dotty pattern, and a striped paper. There was a dark-colored floral paper - black, navy, dark grey...take your pick, greens, coral/peach/pink, light blue, and some grey - all of these things (except the grey) are in my kit.

Let's start with the first row - I have a white wood plank paper from Recollections, a plaid, a stripe, a dotty pattern, and a graph paper - all from Echo Park. I chose the paper with the circles all over it for possible forgery project and the triangle pattern is the last of that collection that I have and I hope to use it up.

The second row - I have a coral dotty paper very similar to the one in the inspiration kit, florals, a stripe, a dark print, and a chevron. The floral paper by the navy circle paper has a bit of yellow in it so I threw in the yellow check paper even though there is no yellow in the inspiration kit.

The back row - I have a couple of chevron papers, a gingham (similar to a graph!), more floral, and a cut apart sheet for another possible forgery idea.

So, even though my kit doesn't look a lot like the inspiration kit, I was definitely inspired by it. 

Here are my embellishments:


I have added alphabet stickers, enamel dots, chipboard pieces, washi tape, and die cuts - all of which are found in the inspiration kit. I also added in a few cork pieces that I would like to try to use, some doilies, word stickers, and my boxes full of die cuts and things that have not been put back in my stash. I will definitely have to pick and choose out of these, but I'm hoping with having them in my kit I will be able to get some of it used. 

Here are the alphas - and what little bit is left of my Echo Park - Just Be You - 6x6 paper pad. It has just a couple of full sheets and the rest is scraps, so I'm hoping to get it all used up this month:


The inspiration kit has a stamp set and pocket cards in it, so I pulled a few pocket cards that I would like to use and quite a few stamp sets:


Even though it might have been a struggle to make myself pull together a kit for this month, I am very excited to get started using it! Here's hoping it's a very productive month!

Be sure to check out the kits from the rest of the design team. Here is the complete blog hop list:

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful kit you pull together Lori, I hope it gets you inspired to scrap, times like these it's a great haven for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kit is lovely! You have so many great elements in your kit. I have stamp envy! LOL l hope your kit can get you scrapping and your mind off the things going on in the world today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful twist on the kit. You have made it your own. Have fun using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, lovely lady. It can be really difficult to stay creative when times are so uncertain, but it's so important to our mental health that we take a little time for ourselves. And remember that we need to live as much as we need to survive, so don't set aside the things that make you feel alive! You have such a wonderful kit this month and I really hope that you are able to find some time, for yourself, to enjoy it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your kit, so many goodies to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Seems like more embellishments than papers this time, Lori!!! :) I guess that means lots of layering and clustering will be seen in your kit projects?!!?!! You've assembled a great copy-cat kit!

    ReplyDelete