Wednesday, April 1, 2020

The Great Stash Bash - April Kit

Hello, again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Counterfeit Kit Challenge reveal, please scroll on down. 


It's time for the April edition of The Great Stash Bash!

For those who are new to the challenge here is how it works:
On the 1st of each month we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created following that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash? You never know - if we still have a few unused stash items after a few months, then those items may just go into a giveaway. We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2020. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

Here is the April challenge:


This month we will be creating a kit with 10 papers (7 papers that are 3 years or older and 3 newer papers), 5-7 scrap papers, four embellishments (3 that are 3 years or older and 1 newer embellishment), and this month we will concentrate on using washi tape on your projects.

Here is my April stash bash kit:


Here's a better look at my "older" papers:


With the weather turning warmer and spring in full swing, I knew I wanted to pick some papers fit for the season. While I was looking through my older papers, I came across a mostly used paper pad from Imaginisce (2013) titled fittingly - Welcome Spring. I chose 6 papers from that paper pad and blue paper since I didn't have a lot of blue papers left in the paper pad. No matter what I did - that navy paper that says "hello Spring" all over it - looks blurry, but it is really cute and I can't wait to use it!

Here are my 3 newer papers from Simple Stories I Am collection:


These papers do not really go well with the older papers that I picked, but I really love them and want to get them used. And I think the variety will keep me coming back to my kit to work with it!

Here are the old and new papers together:


For my embellishments - I cheated just a little bit - again! For my 1 new embellishment, I chose the Simple Stories sticker sheet. I also have a few of the die cuts from this collection, so I threw them in, as well. For my 3 older embellishments, I chose some old chipboard pieces, stickers, and puffy shapes from Gossamer Blue - oh how I miss their kits! Not everything will go with the papers I pulled, but I do hope to be able to use what I can.


I had a few more full sheets of paper from the Imaginisce paper pad that I had a hard time cutting, so I went ahead and added them into my kit, too. Just in case I need something more!


Since I didn't have any embellishments that actually went with my older papers, I pulled the cut apart sheet and a couple of papers that I thought I could fussy cut some of the images from for more embellishments.


Here are my scraps - a few more than 5-7, but these are all of the scraps I had in the paper pad and I would really like to get them used!


I had a few scraps that matched my newer papers, too:


Since we are concentrating on washi tape this month, I pulled a few rolls that go with my papers. I have so much washi and it is all a mess! I have not been good about putting it back in its place nicely, so I am adding "reorganize my washi" to my to-do list for this month!


I am so excited to get started on this month's kit! I can't wait to see what I create with it!

I had a "Great Stash Bash progress post" almost all ready to post when the craziness of COVID-19 took over the world. It has been a struggle the last couple of weeks to get back into a routine of getting things done here on my blog. I have since limited my time watching the news and being online - except to check out scrappy things! Since March is now over, I will add my March progress to the post and hope to have it up very soon!

 Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash & to help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 

Here are the rules: 
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2020


Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the beautiful kit that she put together, too. I hope you are inspired to pull out some of your stash and play along with us this month. If you do play along with us - be sure to link up below. We would love to see your kits and your projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. What a fun kit! That new Simple Stories I Am line is the bomb! I wanted to buy the entire line but had to force myself to be satisfied with just the pieces I got in my ScrapRoom kit!! I can't wait to see what you create with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your April GSB of 2020 looks fantastic! I was already sorting your papers into 3 mix-n-match groups as I was reading the post! :) I don't know if I'll get a chance to participate. With 5 DT commitments and an increase of stress with teaching w/ more time on computer, not sure about scrapbooking. Good luck w/ your kit--amazing possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used a new floral paper for the background of the card in this post: https://beccasheartland.blogspot.com/2020/05/anything-goes-theme-241-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete