Monday, April 6, 2020

The Paper Girls Challenge #197 - Florals

Hello, hello! Good Monday morning to you! I hope you all are doing well.

It's time for a new challenge at The Paper Girls Challenge blog today and we are challenging you to use florals on your project. This can be floral papers or floral embellishments.

Here is what I came up with for the challenge:


I have had this layout in the back of my mind for some time now and I am glad that I finally got it done. I had pulled these papers way back in January for my Great Stash Bash kit with the intention of making a layout, and I just kept putting it off. I am so glad that this floral challenge came along so I could finally get this traveler's notebook spread made. 

I did a lot of fussy cutting those little flowers for this spread! I used a lot of the flowers that were around the edges of the paper and only half a flower here and there since the majority of them would be tucked under things on my spread. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


The floral patterned paper had these cute little circle flowers all over the paper and mixed in with the other flowers, so I used a regular hole punch to punch those out. Not only do they serve as more cute little flowers, but they also give the same effect as an enamel dot would.



Now, about the photos - I was so excited to take Ada down to the field where we had found these pretty purple flowers growing. She was not that impressed with them - or the fact that I was taking more pictures of her - and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get her to look at me! Oh, well, she still looks super cute anyway!

I have decided to make a traveler's notebook of my favorite photos of Ada each year since she has been born. I will use one traveler's notebook for each year - which means I will get 1-2 spreads for each month. That will be hard for me to only pick 1-2 sets of favorite photos for each month, but I think it's safe to say that she is well documented in other ways than just this!

Be sure to check out The Paper Girls Challenge blog to see the beautiful floral projects from the rest of the design team. I would love it if you played along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment