Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Sweet Girl - Scrap Our Stash April Sketch Challenge

Hello, hello! Happy Tuesday to you! I am so happy that you have stopped by today!

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for this month's sketch challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Along with the fun sketch, we are to use floral patterned paper and add a butterfly. Here's a look at the sketch:


And this is my layout:


These papers are from Photo Play - Tulla & Norbert - and I received these in my March kits from The ScrapRoom. I loved these pretty papers and I was so excited to use them! Ada was wearing a bright pink shirt in the photos and it really clashed with the paper so I turned the photos to black and white. I have gone for such a long time not working with black and white photos and the past few weeks that seems to be all that I am using!

I haven't added any journaling - for one thing, I feel like it would need to be hidden, otherwise, it might throw off the overall design, and secondly, there's not a lot to say - Ada was "modeling" her new shirt. I will keep thinking about it and see how much it bothers me to not have something written on it!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


The title is made from a Thicker word sticker for "sweet" and "girl" is made using some alpha stickers from Simple Stories. I added a wood veneer butterfly to the title area - and a few other places around the layout. I only had these four wood pieces left and decided to try and get them all on the layout.


For the circular element on the sketch, I added a sticker to the inside of a doily and I think it looks cute - even if it looks like an egg from a distance!

Be sure to stop by the Scrap Our Stash blog to see how the rest of the design team took on the sketch challenge. 

I hope you have some time to play along with us! 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment