Friday, November 6, 2020

Couterfeit Kit Challenge November Mini Kit Reveal

 Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! I hope that you are having a good week and are ready for the weekend. 

I am on mini-kit duty at Counterfeit Kit Challenges and today is the day for me to share my kit with you! Here's a look at this months inspiration kit that Master Forger Lisa has selected -  the October 2020 Hip Kit Club kit:


And here is my kit:


Well, once again my kit is not so mini, but in my defense, my regular kits tend to have between 20 and 30 papers in them, and this one only has 11, so it is about half the size of what I normally put together!

I am doing a 30 Days of Gratefulness challenge this month and when I saw the inspiration kit and all of the great fall colors, I knew I would be pulling items for my gratitude journal. 

Let's start with a better look at my kit:


In the inspiration kit, I loved the Simple Stories paper with all of the leaves on it, so I went in search of a paper that was close to it and found an older paper from Echo Park that was a good match. Then I built my kit around that paper with my gratitude journal in mind. I also liked the idea of adding blue and pink for a fresh spin, so I added a few papers for that. They are a totally different feel than the rest of my kit, so I don't think they will make it in my gratitude journal, but I have a layout already in mind for those, as well. 

I also had a couple of cut apart sheets that I put in my kit. They won't all be usable, but maybe I can use at least a few of them:


Here are the stickers that I added to my kit:


This is quite the hodgepodge of stickers, and by no means do I intend to use all of them, but there are several phrase stickers on the Simple Stories sticker sheets and a few others that could possibly work in my gratitude journal.

Here are the embellishments that I added:


I put in quite a few stamp sets, a tag die, and a couple of alphabet dies, and then finished it out with some labels, cork hearts, and a few random die cuts. This will give me a variety of things that I can add to my journal.

And here is the cover of my Traveler's Notebook that I am using for my gratitude journal:


I used my inspiration paper for my cover, added a stamped title of sorts, and fussy cut the flowers from the "B" side of one of my papers. 

I have been going back and forth on how I want to do the pages - if I want to just write down 3 things I am grateful for every day, if I want to write one thing down every day and add a photo, or if I want to do both and write down 3 things and add a photo. I think I have finally decided that I am going to write down 3 things each day and add a photo - as long as I have a photo to go along with it. 

My plan is to try to share my progress each week, either here on my blog or on Instagram (lori_670), and hopefully, by the end of the month, I will have a completed gratitude journal and a kit that is (mostly) killed!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. A perfect "mini" kit full of November inspiration. It made me smile to see how big this is as my mini kits are also much much larger than what we have come to expect from Clair so this makes me feel much better! The journal cover is simply lovely. How I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete