Sunday, November 15, 2020

Totally Epic - The Studio Challenges

 Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Sketch N Scrap reveal, please scroll on down.

It's time for a new challenge at The Studio Challenges today and this week's challenge is to use 5 or more patterned papers on your layout. I love to use patterned papers - even if it is in small amounts - so this challenge is right up my alley.

I challenged myself to use only patterned papers on my layout and I managed to use 9 different patterned papers:


All of the papers I have used are from Simple Stories' Bro and Co. collection, with the exception of the white paper, and it is an old paper from Chatterbox. I bought the Bro and Co. collection when it first came out and I even received some of it in my kit from The ScrapRoom. After this layout, I only have one full sheet of paper and enough scraps to make one, maybe two, more layouts. I love it when I can get a collection mostly used up within a couple of months of buying it. It's hard for me not to hoard a collection I really like, especially a "guy" collection - they are hard to come by - but it makes me so happy to get it used and on layouts about the ones I love!

I will be adding some journaling to this layout, I'm just not sure if I want to add it directly to the layout under the banner, or if I will do some hidden journaling. Matthew has decided to continue his education and he will be going to graduate school in January. He has gotten a graduate assistantship so it will all be paid for and I am beyond proud of him and all that he has done.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


Since the journaling will be about Matthew continuing his education, I used the books and backpack chipboard stickers, and since he is a big gamer in his spare time, I added a video game controller.


I went in search of my baker's twine for the tag and I have put it somewhere...I just can't remember where...I did find this ribbon and since it has been ages since I used ribbon on a layout, I just decided to go with it and I love it!

Be sure to check out The Studio Challenges blog to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have a chance to play along with us, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the papers and embellies you were able to bash! Way to go, Matthew!

    ReplyDelete