Sunday, November 1, 2020

The Great Stash Bash November Kit

Hello again! It's always a little busier here on my blog on the first day of the month! 

I am back with my November kit for The Great Stash Bash 2020. The Great Stash Bash is a challenge that my friend Lisa and I have been doing this year. We have made it our mission to try to use up as much stash as we can this year. 


Here's how it works
 On the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created following that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash! This will be a just-for-fun challenge so no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash? You never know - if we still have a few unused stash items after a few months, then those items may just go into a giveaway. We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2020. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month! 

 Here is the November graphic: 


 We will be creating a kit of 10 papers (7 papers that are 3 years or older and 3 newer papers), 5-7 scrap papers, four embellishments (3 that are 3 years or older, and 1 newer embellishment), and this month we will be concentrating on putting our embossing folders to use! 

So, I did something a little bit different for my kit this month. I have quite a few older Christmas 6x6 paper pads that I am really getting a little tired of and I am really in the mood to get my Christmas cards made for this year, so instead of pulling 7 - 12x12 older papers, I pulled 7 (okay, make that 8) older 6x6 paper pads and then I pulled 2 brand new 6x6 paper pads for my new "papers" this month. 

 Here is the kit that I have put together:


Here's a closer look at the "old" portion of my kit:


The paper pads:


Starting with the back row we have - Rustic Noel - The Paper Studio - from 2017, Noel - American Crafts - from 2014, Wish Season - Fancy Pants - from 2015, Merry and Bright - Fancy Pants - from 2016. The front row - I Love Christmas - Echo Park - from 2016, Christmas Delivery - Carta Bella - from 2016,  Merry and Bright - Carta Bella - from 2012, and a Simple Stories paper pad that has lost its cover and I can't remember the name of it. 

The Rustic Noel and Noel paper pad have never been used and the four paper pads on the front row probably don't have enough papers between them all to even make one paper pad. I did try to pick paper pads that would mix and match to try to get those mostly used ones for sure used up!

Here are my "old" embellishments:


I have the Carta Bella - Christmas Delivery - chipboard stickers, die cut packs from Echo Park's I Love Christmas, and FancyPants' Wish Season. I also plan to use some of the cut apart papers from the paper pads and maybe even do some fussy cutting for embellishments, as well.

Here is the "new" portion of my kit:


I am not really sure why I only picked 2 new paper pads, but I think I have plenty with what I've got! The paper pads are Carta Bella's Farmhouse Christmas and Echo Park's A Gingerbread Christmas. I picked both of these paper pads up a month or two ago and can't wait to put them to use. Sadly, I did not buy any of the embellishments that go with them, but I found these stickers in my stash that I think will work. And the Christmas Delivery and Farmhouse Christmas are very similar, too.

Here's a look at my scraps:


I always keep my 6x6 scraps with their paper pad so I just pulled out what I had for these paper pads.

Since we are concentrating on using our embossing folders this month, I pulled the ones that I know I will use and a couple that I haven't even opened. 

I also pulled in a few stamps to use:


Since there are paper pads instead of 12x12 papers, I have put all of these goodies in a container that will sit beside my desk this month - ready to use and easy to move around if I want to scrap while I watch tv:


Although I plan on making mostly cards this month, I have also been following along with Scrapbook Generations Sketches for 6x6 paper pads sketches class, so maybe, just maybe I will get a layout or two made, as well. I have a couple all planned out - just if I can find the time!

I can't wait to see how much of this kit I can get used up!

Now for the rules - Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash & to help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!! You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 

 Here are the rules: 1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
 2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit. 
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
 4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2020 

Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the kit that she has put together for this month. I hope you are inspired to pull out some of your stash and play along with us. If you do play along with us - be sure to link up below. We would love to see your kits and your projects. 

 Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is quite the kit you pulled together :) Great start to making cards though and a good approach to the 6X6 class too :)

    ReplyDelete