Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sketch N Scrap #213 - You Are Totally Awesome

Hello, everyone!  Good Sunday morning to you - I hope you are having a good weekend. Hubby has the day off tomorrow so that means we have a little longer weekend. It's going to be a busy day here on the old blog, so let's get started. 

I can't believe that it is already the middle of November and that Thanksgiving is just a couple of weeks away! The time is just flying by, but the middle of the month does mean we have a new sketch for you today at Sketch N Scrap. Today's sketch is courtesy of Sketch Artist Stacy and I had a lot of fun working with it:



This photo is of Miss Ada when she went to the doctor to get her flu shot. Abby said they had gotten there a little early and were waiting in the car. She snapped this photo of Ada and it is one of my recent favorites! Ada is growing up so fast!

I used Echo Park's Teen Spirit Girl collection for this layout and since unicorns are Ada's favorite thing right now, that purple unicorn paper and unicorn sticker had to make their way on this layout! 

Since all of the papers are on the light side, I went with a black cardstock background to help them pop. 


I added some clear gems to give a little sparkle.



I'm not too sure that I'm crazy about the title...maybe I should have moved it over more to where it is on the sketch, but I felt like it made that side too heavy. Maybe I should have used something a little larger...it doesn't bother me so much that I want to change it now, so I guess I will go with it!

Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the wonderful layouts from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your take on the sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

3 comments:

  1. I love this picture!! The black background is so great, I never would have used black with these papers, I am going to have to consider that in the future!! The title looks great to me, I love how you incorporated the ephemera for your title!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Love how the black makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea using black as a backdrop for those cute little girl papers and embellishments. I really like the little grouping at the top, especially the way you've clustered the stars and gems. TFS.

    ReplyDelete