Sunday, November 1, 2020

The Studio Challenges - Hexagons

 Hello, hello! Happy Sunday and Happy November 1st! How can it possibly be November already?! The holidays are going to be here before we know it!

The Studio Challenges has a new challenge posted today. This week we are challenging you to add hexagons to your layout. You can use one big one or lots of small ones - it is up to you!

Here is what I came up with:

Since yesterday was Halloween, I decided to create a Halloween layout. These photos are of Abby, Shawn, and Ada last year when they took Ada trick or treating. They decided last year that they would all dress up together as a family, so when Ada wanted to be a witch, Abby dressed up as a witch, too, and Shawn as a wizard, and they had a lot of fun while trick or treating around town. Shawn even had someone ask if they could take a picture of him in his wizard getup.

This year Ada wanted to be a unicorn so they went as a family of unicorns. At the time I am writing this I don't know if they are actually going trick or treating, but they at least got to wear their costumes to our little family party last weekend. 

For my layout, I used Echo Park's - I Love Halloween - collection. I die cut my hexagons from the 6x6 paper scraps that I had leftover from previous projects. Since the patterned paper hexagons made my background a little busy, I kept my embellishing minimal, just adding in a few stickers and enamel shapes/dots.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


Those star enamel shapes are from Jillibean Soup and I picked them up from Tuesday Morning and the price tag says 2016! And they had never even been opened! I guess I have been saving them for something special! It's about time I put a few of them to use.


Be sure to stop by The Studio Challenges blog to see how the rest of the team took on the challenge. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment