Friday, March 15, 2019

Saturday Morning Coloring Contest - Sketch N Scrap #173

Hello, hello! Happy Friday to you! We are just a few short hours away from the official start of the weekend and I can't wait. With the time change this past week I am looking forward to sleeping in a little later tomorrow!

It's the middle of the month and that means we have a new sketch for you at Sketch N Scrap. Heather has created a fun 2-photo sketch for us to work with:




I stuck close to the sketch for my layout, only straightening the smaller photo so my title would have a place to rest. I think I'll go back and outline the edges of the papers to help each piece stand out a bit more. The grey block of paper sort of gets lost on there.

We had a sleepover with Miss Ada a couple of weeks ago and she got up bright and early Saturday morning all ready for a coloring contest with Pops. This is one of her favorite things to do with Pops. Sometimes they color pages out of coloring books and other times, like this day, they draw their own pictures to color. The bad thing is I have to be the judge and tell them who the winner is and that is a tough job, they are both such good artists! On this particular day, I could not resist the cute little face on Ada's turtle. He was just too cute! I told her she was the winner and then she felt bad for Pops and she told him he got 1st place, too! Gotta love that girl and her good heart!

Here's a close-up:


Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I can't wait to see your take on the sketch!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'll be back soon with another project to share with you!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet is this???? LOVE your layout, I have that background paper and never use those types of papers cuz I never know how to use them, but I will start using them as backgrounds, love it! Beautiful layout and great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete