Sunday, March 24, 2019

She Is So Creative - The Studio Challenges

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. It's been a nice relaxing weekend for us and those are always nice!

It's time for a new challenge at The Studio Challenges and this week we have a great color challenge for you:


I think the blues and yellows in this challenge are just so pretty! Here is what I came up with:


I went deep into my stash for most of the papers on this layout - which makes me feel good to get some of those older papers used up! The blue background is from Imagination Project from 2005. The dark blue dot paper is from BoBunny from 2006, and then the solid navy is from Echo Park from 2015. The gold paper is from Simple Stories from 2016. I also used a Project Life card from the midnight collection on my layout. 

I didn't have a ton of embellishments to go with the theme of my layout of Ada being creative, but I did find a pencil sticker and then finished out my embellishments with my go-to - hearts - in the same colors as the layout. 

At first, I was going to put my journaling strips on the navy blue paper peeking out from behind the photo, but they made that side of the layout way too heavy, so to balance it out I added my journaling to the other side of the photo and I liked that much better.

Here are a couple of close-ups:



I think this was the first day that Ada was back with me after the summer break and she is doing her favorite thing - drawing and coloring. This girl is happiest when she has a pencil/crayon/marker in her hand. She could draw, color, and create all day long, and I love that about her!

Head on over to The Studio Challenges blog to see how the rest of the design team took on this challenge. I would love it if you played along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors, the journaling strips, and the overall design... I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I love your style!

    ReplyDelete