Monday, March 11, 2019

So Lucky...Scrap Our Stash Saturday Morning Cartoon Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! I am finally getting over this awful cold that I have had for over a week. It's nice to feel good again!

Today is my day to share my take on the Saturday Cartoon Sketch Challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Our Saturday cartoon for March is Snoopy - who is all dressed up for St. Patty's Day - which is what inspired my layout for the challenge. Along with being inspired by the cartoon image, we are also required to use a green embellishment.


Here is what I came up with:


This shamrock paper has been in my stash since 2003! I have not idea why I have not used it before now because I have had ample opportunity - St. Patty's Day photos are a yearly tradition around here! It feels good to finally use it!

I only had 2 photos so I used the space for the third photo for my journaling. For my green embellishments, I stamped a couple of St. Patty's Day stamps and die cut them into a circle. I also added just a touch of pink by way of the hearts. The pink on Ada's shirt just pops out at me, so I decided to add in just a smidge of it.

Now for the story behind the photos and title of "So Lucky To Get One Good Photo".  Here is the journaling - Ada was not into our traditional St. Patty's Day photo shoot this year. For starters, I had bought her a new shirt for St. Patty's Day because Abby said she didn't have a lot of green and when I pulled it out she said, "Gross!" and went back to playing her video game. I finally got the shirt on her - with quite a bit of protest - and she would not look at the camera. The only way she would take a picture was if Pops was in the picture with her - and even then it was a struggle to get a "good" one! (2016)

She always has been quite the character!

Head on over to Scrap Our Stash for more inspiration every day of the week. I would love to see your take on our challenge, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment