Friday, March 1, 2019

Selfie Time - Let's Get Sketchy

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Counterfeit Kit March reveal and blog hop, please scroll on down.

Let's Get Sketchy has a new sketch challenge posted today! Here's a look at the super fun sketch that Brenshevia has created for us:


And this is what I came up with:


Abby had sent me these photos of Ada back in January. We had a couple of really nice days right after the first of the year and Abby and Ada were outside. Ada wanted to take some pictures with Abby's phone and this is what she took - selfies! She even talked Abby into taking a picture with her and I think they all turned out so cute!

I used a paper from Echo Park titled "#selfie" - how fitting is that! One side has the words all over it and the back side has the colorful bokeh pattern. One sheet was all I needed for this layout! I even fussy cut some of the words out of the paper for embellishments. I just needed one more paper to get my 3 triangle pieces and with Ada having on a pink shirt - that decision was pretty easy. I found a piece of yellow and a piece of purple in my scrap box to cut into the strips above and below my photo strip.


I fussy cut the camera from another patterned paper and added a few die cut hearts to my cluster.

I just love how this layout turned out!

Head on over to Let's Get Sketchy to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have some time to play along with the sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

3 comments:

  1. Lori: I saw this sketch linked on a post of Julene's and commented on how scared I would be of the sharp angles and lines in this sketch. But your combination of papers/colors and photos conquer the geometry and make a delightful layout! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been Let's get sketchy day :) I did this challenge today too. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete