Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sketches In Thyme #365

Hello, hello! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend so far. The weather here is finally warming up and starting to feel a little more like spring and I am enjoying every minute of it!

Today is my day to share my take on Sketch #365 from Sketches In Thyme. This week's sketch is courtesy of Jenessa:



I have created a layout of Miss Ada using this week's sketch. I opted to not add a title and just let the pocket card, which I believe is from a MAMBI pack, serve as my title. 

I have finally had a chance to use my March Counterfeit Kit! The pocket card was not originally in my kit, but I found it when I was cleaning up my scrap room and knew it would be perfect for this layout.

I fussy cut the butterflies from one of the patterned papers in my kit and typed up a few word/phrase stickers to add into the embellishment clusters. I finished off each cluster with enamel dots and enamel hearts.

Here are a few close-ups:




I am really liking to rough up the edges of my papers. I guess it's taking the place of outlining for now! Once the papers on stuck down to the background I just rough up/bend up the edges with my fingernails.

I will add my journaling in the same spot as what is shown in the sketch. I just need to figure out what I am going to say for the space.

Head on over to Sketches In Thyme for more inspiration every day of the week. I would love to see your take on the sketch!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment