Sunday, August 13, 2017

Christmas Card Challenges #19

Hello, scrappy friends! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend. It has been pretty cool for August around here and it's been nice to be able to open the windows and enjoy the fresh air!

We have a new challenge up at Christmas Card Challenges today. Our challenge is pretty simple - create a Christmas/holiday card. That's it. But, if you need a little added inspiration, we offer an optional challenge for you as well. This week our optional challenge is an inspiration photo. How will you be inspired?





When I first saw the inspiration photo I really liked that the tree was made up of stars or snowflakes. Then my friend, Willa, sent me a pin on Pinterest of a Christmas tree made from snowflakes, and I knew I needed to recreate it. You can see that card here.

I punched quite a few snowflakes using an old EK Success snowflake punch and then went to work arranging them in a Christmas tree shape. I added a few clear gems to some of the snowflakes - they are a little hard to see in the photo, but they are there! I added a wood veneer star to the top of my tree and I love it! I can see me trying this again using green "snowflakes" for my tree!

Be sure to stop by Christmas Card Challenges to see the beautiful cards from the rest of the design team. I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! Love the white snowflakes on the dark blue!

    ReplyDelete