Sunday, August 27, 2017

Christmas Card Challenges #20

Hello, scrappy friends! I hope that you are having a good weekend! We have had a lot of really beautiful days this past week or two. Usually in August it is too hot to get out and enjoy anything, but lately we've been having temps right around 80 and upper 50's to low 60's for lows. It's been nice to have the windows open and enjoy the fresh air.

Christmas Card Challenges has a new challenge starting today. Our challenges are pretty simple - just make a Christmas/Holiday card. We do offer up an optional challenge in case you need a little inspiration. This week we have a photo inspiration challenge.





I have been trying to use up a few of my older 6x6 paper pads so I can justify buying some of the new Christmas collections that are starting to come out. For this card, I have used an older Carta Bella collection called Merry and Bright. I love this paper with all of the ornaments hanging and thought it would be perfect for this challenge. The ornaments on the focal panel were from the sticker sheet. I added a bit of silver metallic thread to each of them to mimic the patterned paper. The sentiment is from a Studio G $1 bin stamp from a long time ago!

Head on over to Christmas Card Challenges to see how the design team was inspired by the photo. What will inspire you? The colors? The ornaments? Both? I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. We've been enjoying some cooler nights, too, and actually got to sleep with the window open last night! Love it!

    Your card is gorgeous. Great use of all that patterned paper and the ornament stickers. Adding the silver thread and sequins completed the deal! Looks beautiful.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete