Thursday, March 1, 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge March Reveal and Blog Hop

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Sketch N Scrap reveal, please scroll on down.

The first of the month means we have a new kit to counterfeit at Counterfeit Kit Challenges and that also means that we have our blog hop reveal for you today! You should have arrived here from Lisa's beautiful blog. As always, if you get lost along the way you can find the complete list on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and at the end of this post.

Susan has taken a little different approach to our kit this month and you can read all about it over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, but for now, here is this month's inspiration kit from Susan called "Little Bits of Happy".


The minute that I saw that striped paper from Heidi Swapp's - September Skies collection - I knew that this was going to be my favorite kit so far! I love every single piece of Susan's kit and I had so much fun putting my own kit together. The colors in this kit are my favorites to work with and they just make me happy - hence the name of my kit - Happiness Overload.


When I was putting this kit together, I seriously had to stop myself twice from stopping to work on a layout before I even had the photos of my kit taken! I could have pulled enough papers from my stash to go in this kit to last me the rest of the year and not get tired of it, but I refrained and just pulled a "few".


Since I had the same striped paper in my stash, that is where I started with my kit. In fact, I pulled several sheets from the September Skies collection to go in my kit - the wide black and white stripe, the turquoise floral, and the grey tone on tone paper. Then I pulled a few orange papers, pink papers, navy papers and green papers. The stripe did not include any yellow, but I had to add a couple of sheets to finish out my rainbow.


I also pulled some solid papers to go with my patterned papers. The inspiration kit also included a wood grain and a couple of pieces of vellum. I found this gold heart vellum in my stash and thought it would be a great addition to my kit.


I've also been working on reorganizing my room - which seems to be a never-ending job - so before I put these scraps away in my scrap box, I added them to my kit to hopefully get them used up.


I added several different alpha sticker sheets in all of the colors of my kit and a few other sticker sheets as well.


I liked the big wood veneer piece and the puffy stickers in the inspiration kit, so I went through my stash and found these wood pieces, a sheet of somewhat puffy word stickers and heart stickers. I even had a bunch of the old Making Memories square, round, and rectangle metal rimmed tags in my stash, so I threw them into my kit as well. I also added the September Skies 6x6 paper pad to hopefully use up.

I am looking forward to working with my kit this month and can't wait to share what I create with you!

Next up on the hop is Margie. Head on over to her blog to see the kit that she has created.

Here's the complete list of the hop:

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!


11 comments:

  1. Love love love all of your paper choices. Especially that navy floral! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely, colourful kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I'm so glad you liked the inspiration! You've put together such a great kit, and I really love that photo of the patterned papers you pulled all lined up in rainbow order. Looking forward to seeing your projects this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I recognize those Wal-Mart puffy heart stickers! I have them and know at least 3 other people, besides you, who have them also, LOL Also I have that Echo Park Hello Summer in my stash... well parts of it, I need to use them up... so this kit is perfect! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful rainbow of scrappy deliciousness, and I love that you tossed in those scraps to make sure they get used up - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colourful! It certainly has several "Little bits of happy" in it.Enjoy using your kit as I'm sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colours! Oh wow Lori - what a simply beautiful kit! I love it. And it made me giggle when you said this was just a few papers! Ha ha! How many layouts do you plan to make with the kit? do you have a monthly goal or do you just keep going until you've really killed the kit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - I just plan to keep going until I kill the kit!

      Delete
  8. That really is a happy-looking kit - I love the juicy colours :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet bright fun kit :) I can see why the name is what it is perfect for it :)Delicious colors to play with :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I truly appreciate this post.The design of the home is very beautiful. I am very lucky to be able to come to see your weblog.Keep up the good work. buy Counterfeit passport online

    ReplyDelete